Saturday, January 1, 2011

The Waiting Is Over!

It was still dark.  What time is it?  We had greeted the New Year with dear friends, and now we were snuggled into their guest room bed.  Its dark as I said, no illuminating clock numerals announcing this dark hour.  I was just awake.  It is so good to get away...  so good to be with friends.  Pondering this new day, I smiled.  Today is January 1, 2011.  Today the Sketchbook Challenge begins.  I smiled again....I'm looking forward to this!  Silly me....

The January challenge is "Highly Prized".  So I began making a list of things I prize.  Lots of typical things, but as I thought about challenges that face my friends and acquaintances, I find increased value in things I've taken for granted.  Eyesight, health, the ability to have children, the delight of grandchildren.  The economic challenges have caused many people to prize their dwelling place, the ability to have electricity and water, the prize of health insurance.  Along with these thoughts, it would be easy to say all the right Christian things but I don't want to do that.  For now, I'm just making a list, and being thankful for what I have.  I'm sure the inspiration will come.  Its good to give thanks at the beginning of the new year, actually its always good to give thanks each day.  Puts so many things into the right perspective.

These pictures are just some of my doodlings from this past week that brought pleasure to both Jim and Joanie.  I'm so thankful for them.

1 comment: